In our third Mud Talks podcast, Adobe in Action Board President Quentin Wilson introduces us to the raw materials used in adobe construction (clay, sand, straw and water) as well as the basic adobe brickmaking process.
In our second Mud Talks podcast, Adobe in Action Board President Quentin Wilson takes us deep into the topic of passive solar design - the first step in any successful adobe home build.
Mud Talks #2 Reference List
- Steve Baer
- Peter Van Dresser (Books)
- Doug Balcomb (Books)
- New Mexico Solar Energy Association
- Ghost Ranch Sundwellings Project
- William Lumpkins
- 1st Solar-Heated Office Building. Built in 1956 in Albuquerque, New Mexico by Bridgers & Paxton
- Trombe Wall
- Odeillo Solar Furnace
- Mark Chalom
- Ed Mazria: The Passive Solar Energy Book: A Complete Guide to Passive Solar Home, Greenhouse and Building Design
- Passive House
In our first Mud Talks podcast, Adobe in Action Board President Quentin Wilson introduces himself and the basics of adobe as a building material.